COPD Screening Device
For simple, fast & accurate COPD screening. The copd-6™ identifies those at risk of COPD at the pre-symptomatic stage to allow early medical intervention and facilitate better clinical outcomes.
This pioneering device screens out those whose FEV1 is normal and who, therefore, do not have COPD without the risk of false COPD negatives, allowing spirometry resources to be focused on those most at risk.
COPD Screening Device Features;
- For the early detection of COPD - quickly, simply and accurately
- Identifies those at risk of COPD at the pre-symptomatic stage to allow early medical intervention and facilitate better clinical outcomes
- Screens out those whose FEV1 is normal, and who therefore do not have COPD, without the risk of false COPD negatives
- Facilitates 'case selection' so that spirometry resources can be focused on those most likely to be diagnosed with COPD
- Monitors COPD patients using their 'number', the obstructive index, FEV1 as a percent of predicted
- Displays FEV1, FEV6, ratio and % predicted, obstructive index, COPD classification and lung age
- Built-in quality of blow indicator on a large, easy to read display
- Easy to clean flowhead
- Can be used with hygienic SafeTway mouthpieces or a BVF
- Displays the GOLD COPD classification (stage I - IV) to help recognise the need for a change in the patient's management plan
- Requires only minimal instruction for use by non-respiratory specialists